The outpouring of love I received after my last post was truly an amazing thing. I am so very grateful for all of you, particularly those that texted, commented, emailed, and called. It made me feel special, albeit for a sad reason, and any occasion where I feel loved is one to celebrate.
So, thank you. Keep thinking positive thoughts my way. I haven’t felt particularly happy recently, and having a lonely apartment makes my negativity that much harder to cope with.
I also have to give a shout out to this weekend. Despite the cloud hanging over my head wherever I go (which can’t make me a fun person to be around, thank you to everyone who tolerated me the past few days), this weekend managed to be packed with adventures and company set against the backdrop of the always-beautiful mountains.
Highlights from the past few days:
1) Skiing my first black diamond. Moguls, no less. And BOMBING them like a BOSS HOG GANGSTER.
2) Drinking some absolutely life changing beers. Hello, Left Hand Brewing Nitro Milk Stout.
3) Watching people do crazy things at the Dew Tour.
4) Sleeping in front of a burning fireplace. In the mountains.
Clockwise from top left, this EPIC meal was assorted tempura (crab and squash being the highlights), spicy tuna roll, some random potato salad in a warm shallot dressing, udon soup with mushrooms, scallions, fishcake, and seaweed, and a tempura dipping sauce. WOAH BUDDY. I was so full afterward, but it was totally yummy and worth it. (I didn’t finish it all.)
6) Having a crazy friend who will call me up while I’m weeping on the couch to tell me that we’re going to mountains, and leaving in 15 minutes.
Have you guys had good Mondays? Only a few more days until Christmas! And Christmas VACATION, the best part.